“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~Dr. Seuss
During my time of writer’s block, I asked Love to suggest something to write about. His suggestion: Love… “How you know when you’re in love,” he specifies. Immediately, I think back to a few days earlier when I was talking with my friend and she asked the same thing of me. “Well, I’m no expert,” I thought to myself [in both situations]. I know how I feel about it, but who am I to tell another “what is” and “what is not”.?. “Love” is complicated enough, right!?! So I put the post off – to contemplate. Then, yesterday I read a friend’s status on Facebook where he was asking, “How do you know if it’s love or lust”. Well, this was the third time that the topic had come to my attention. So, I’m weighing in…
Being that this post was initially suggested by Love, I asked his opinion – to give another perspective in addition to mine. Like I said before, we’re no experts. We just know how we feel about it. So, below are just a few of many ways we feel let you know when you’re in love with Love…
- When it doesn’t feel right to do things by yourself that you normally do with Love [ranging from little things such as watching TV to big things such as taking trips].
- When Love is the first person you want to hear from in the morning and the last person you want to talk to before you go to bed.
- When no one, regardless of who they are or what they have, can compare to Love.
- When you can feel Love’s presence while you’re going about your daily routine.
- When you make decisions with Love’s thoughts and feelings in mind.
- When you love Love unconditionally and in spite of.
- When you can celebrate Love during the good times; and lift Love up during the bad times.
- When loving Love makes you want to be a better person.
- When you and Love take action and start building a future together.
- When you show up – no matter when, where, or how – for Love; especially when no one else does.
And We Say: “love will make you do some crazy things” [like]…
So, there you have it… and now, I’m asking you! If you’re in love, how did you know “when”; and if you’re not, how do you think you’ll know “when”?
Wishing you much love!!!